Combined Cycle Users Group Conference 2019
The Power Users Group Combined Annual Conference includes Combined Cycle Users Group, Generator Users Group, Steam Turbine Users Group, and Power Plant Controls Users Group will be held in St. Louis, MO from August 26-29, 2019.
MD&A experts will be speaking on Monday, August 26 and Tuesday, August 27.
August 26: Superior Steam Turbine Rotor and Component Repairs & Services (STUG):
- Rotors – Typical Inspections and Repairs
- Topless Alignment
- Stationary Components – Inspections and Repairs
- Diaphragm Dishing Repairs
- Casing/Blade Ring Re-rounding
- Steam turbine Valve Maintenance
August 26: High Speed Balancing Process (GUG)
- Tutorial on the actual balance process with details on the purpose of each process step.
- Explanation of parameters monitored during the balance process.
- Discussion of thermal runs during the balance process including explanation of purpose.
- Discussion of criterion for acceptable mechanical balance and acceptable thermal run.
- Case histories of “problems” with details of actual balance data and/or thermal data before and after resolution of the issue.
- PLUS a tour of MD&A MD&A High Speed Balance Facility.
August 27: High Speed Balancing (CCUG)
- Balancing other equipment (BOP equipment), not just turbine
- Mistakes made during balancing
- Benefits of High Speed Balancing vs Low Speed Balancing
August 27: Principles of Alignment (CCUG)
- Training Module on Coupling Alignment
- Different Methods of Alignments
- The Principles of Alignment
August 27: Modern Valve Actuation for Co-Gen, Mechanical Drive, and Combustion Turbines – Elimination of the Hydraulic Power Unit (PPCUG)
- Discuss alternatives hydraulic fluid systems.
- Show how solution can be justified by removing aging fluid delivery systems and valve actuators.
- Illustrate how data can facilitate predictive maintenance and reduce maintenance costs.
Email This article | Print This Article