Generator Field Support Platform
Mechanical Dynamics & Analysis (MD&A) experts have constructed a generator field support platform to allow for removal of the field when performing a 7FH2 Generator Major Inspection.
Rotor field inspections can either be performed on-site or in a shop environment. Repairs generally require the rotor field to be transported to a qualified repair facility.
MD&A has developed a field pulling & support system to address the unique challenges associated with the 7FA/7FH2 configuration: 1) the shaft centerline height is 13 feet above machine baseline (grade), and 2) the gas turbine inlet ducting and filter house limit crane access.
The MD&A system consists of a modular work platform using adjustable rotor field trolley carts to efficiently and safely extract the field from the stator core, providing a stable work platform for on-site inspections and sufficient length to enable crane access to lift the field for off-site repair transportation.
Key features of the system include:
- Modular design work platform for expedited setup/teardown and efficient transportation on standard trailers
- Overall platform length and height can be adjusted based on site and workscope requirements
- Tongue and groove work platform connections and integrated trolley cart rail system provide seamless transitions between platforms
- Wide walkway wings on left & right sides enable worker & equipment access
- Modular safety rail system allows flexible scaffold stair access based on site arrangement
- Adjustable trolley carts use low-friction, self-guided rollers for safe and fast positioning of the field on the platform
- The system is very stable and is rated for continuous use with steady wind speeds up to 30 mph (with minimum 3x factor of safety)
MD&A offers a complete suite of parts, repairs, and services solutions for gas turbine fleets. We focus on delivering consistent quality and value with fast response, superior communications, and innovative solutions.
Call our MD&A Gas Turbine Services today at +1 (518) 399-3616 or use our Contact form.Tags: generator inspection, 7FA, generator repair, 7FH2
Email This article | Print This Article