Compressor Vane Pinning Solutions
Do you have Compressor Rocking and Shim Migration Issues? Such as:
- Compressor casing groove wear
- Compressor vane shank wear causes rocking
- Shim migration/ protruding shims which may lead to damage downstream
MD&A’s San Antonio Service center is an industry leader in gas turbine component repair.
Our facility has leading-edge equipment and repair techniques with proven expertise on multiple-frame gas turbine hot gas path and combustion components.
A simple and economical solution is Compressor Vane Pinning. The compressor stators are removed from the unit, then, hook fits and casing grooves are inspected. The compressor vanes are clustered together by pinning multiple stators together and re-installed into the case. Shims are held together with pins and placed at the horizontal joint to maintain drop dimensions.
Compressor Vane Pinning Experience:
- Over 200 gas turbines running with pinned vanes
- 60,000 pinned vanes in operation on Frame 7EA, 9E, 7FA, and 9FA gas turbines
Check this case study out:
Learn more about the other Gas Turbine Repairs that MD&A offers.