Job Title: Winder
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced Winder. The candidate will execute repair functions of Generator Fields, Stators, High Voltage Bushings, Excitation equipment, and other miscellaneous electrical generating equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Remove and install retaining rings with induction heating;
- Remove, clean, and install field coils;
- Rewedge the Generator Stator;
- Repair the End Windings;
- Stator bar replacement;
- Clean, red-eye, and paint;
- High Voltage Bushing and Standoff Bushing replacement;
- Core Iron repair/replacement;
- Installation of 2-piece clips.
- High School Diploma/GED/Apprenticeship classes or trade school;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience;
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50%, including internationally;
- Able to pass a pulmonary function test & wear a respirator;
- Good visual and auditory acuity;
- Knowledge of various tying techniques, wedging, bar and coil installation; painting techniques, brazing, taping, insulating, and installing 2-piece clips;
- Ability to quickly grasp or manipulate objects for extended periods of time;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.