Thermal Performance Engineer
Job Title: Thermal Performance Engineer
Job Location: Flexible
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis Ltd, a world class supplier of power generation repairs and services is seeking a motivated Thermal Performance Engineer. We have an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Outage Services Division is seeking an experienced Thermal Performance Engineer to assist our Engineering team as well as work with our Field Engineers to trouble shoot thermal performance issues during rebuilds and servicing of gas and steam turbines in conventional fossil, cogeneration, nuclear, industrial and combined cycles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- All aspects of turbine testing: developing instrumentation lists, isolation lists, test plans and correction factors using ThermoFlex; on-site work including instrumentation troubleshooting, data collection; isolation checks, calculation of results, presentation of preliminary findings and publication of the final report.
- Write proposals for steam path audits, turbine testing and thermodynamic analyses.
- Conduct heat balance analyses.
- Conduct systems level flow modeling.
- Conduct steam path audits in their entirety from building the model to issuing the final report.
- Plan, price and conduct turbine tests, i.e., enthalpy drop efficiency, maximum power output, temperature shift, PTC6 acceptance, in their entirety.
- Effective communication with customers.
Education: BSME or MEngrME with emphasis in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics; on track for becoming, or already a licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
Relevant Experience: Steam and gas turbine field engineering, heat balance analysis, performance testing, knowledge of power plant operation.
Skills: Thermodynamic analytical skills, technical writing, Microsoft Office, public speaking/presentations, ability to travel up to 25%, people skills including effective communication. Ability to work independently to complete complex tasks.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.