Shipping & Logistics Coordinator
Job Title: Shipping & Logistics Coordinator
Job Location: Marion, OH
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Parts OH Division is seeking an experienced Shipping & Logistics Coordinator. The candidate would be responsible for shipping, receiving, and materials coordination, management, and tracking for the MD&A Parts Division, LLC.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Compute amounts of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of product and manufacturing processes;
- Compile and maintain manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process production reports, and status and location of materials using ERP system;
- Coordinate and expedite issuance of materials according to production priorities and shipping schedules;
- Transport materials from inventory to production floor as needed;
- Performs regular cycle counts to ensure physical on hand inventory matches what is in the ERP system.
- Provide Shipping and receiving documents in organized packets for scanning in and storing by the shop administrative assistant;
- Order packaging supplies as needed;
- Packing items for shipment using MD&A’s established best practices and lessons learned;
- Verifying the contents of received packages, verifying quantities and conformance to specifications and sizes ordered;
- Inspect physical condition of warehouse dock, vehicles & equipment according to preventative maintenance schedules;
- Initiate appropriate actions to remedy unsatisfactory findings of warehouse dock, vehicles & equipment;
- General housekeeping tasks, including but not limited to, keeping raw material areas organized and well labeled;
- Engage with vendors & drivers with a positive attitude.
High School Diploma or equivalency;
Forklift certification within 30 days of job entry date;
Ability to adapt to fluctuating demands and manage multiple priorities;
Basic Math skills;
Good communication and organization skills;
Strong Interpersonal skills;
Flexibility to work nontraditional hours including nights & weekends;
Ability to physically lift 50 lbs. or less repeatedly on any given workday;
Ability to physically stand for long periods of time on any given workday;
Proficiently able to build wooden crates for safe transportation of finished goods;
Understanding of lean and 6S safety in a manufacturing environment (preferred).
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.