QC Inspector (2nd Shift)
Job Title: QC Inspector
Job Location: MD&A Parts Division – Marion, OH
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world-class supplier of power generation services, parts, and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Parts Division is seeking an experienced QC Inspector. The candidate will inspect machined parts and assemblies at assembly, inspection, or machining stations to ensure conformance to specifications. They’ll be responsible for documenting and reporting findings. They may be required to inspect first run parts and set up and try out inspection equipment to ensure accuracy. The candidate will substitute known values, such as dimensions from blueprints into standard formulas and solve for unknown quantities, using knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, or geometry to determine dimensions not specified in blueprints. This position will be 2nd Shift.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Read blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions
- Capable of performing all inspection procedures necessary to assure the accuracy and quality of manufacturing product lines
- Calculate and measure dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of math and instruments such as micrometers, verniers, and gauges
- Maintain all records and reports
- Maintain, Issue and fill out inspection reports
- Maintain, Issue and fill out NCR’s
- Perform In process inspections
- Perform Lay out inspections
- Perform Final inspections
- Communicate with internal personnel for any quality issues
- Maintain a clean, safe, working environment
- Support other areas of the shop as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments to ensure efficiency within the area.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to achieve the intended objective.
- Ability to read and use related quality control tools such as vernier calipers, micrometers, and indicators.
- Good organizational skills
- Understanding of lean and 6S safety in a manufacturing environment
- Good computer skills
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.