Parts Proposal Manager
Job Location: Clifton Park, NY
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis, LLC. (MD&A), a world class supplier of power generation repairs, services and parts, is seeking a qualified professional with commercial experience in the Power Generation and Industrial markets. The MD&A Parts Division has an immediate opening for a Parts Proposal Manager in its Clifton Park, NY headquarters. MD&A offers an excellent full range benefits package including relocation assistance for this role.
The person in this role will be responsible for sales and marketing of turbine parts, including but not limited to preparing proposals, negotiating and executing contracts, and interfacing with customers via email, by phone, and in person.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepare quotations and proposals for gas turbine, steam turbine and generator parts, using Epicor ERP system.
• Support the sales team with presentation of bid packages to customers.
• Foster and maintain relationships with key customer contacts, typically via phone and email.
• Convert customer orders into sales backlog in Epicor ERP system and send order acknowledgments.
• Collaborate across engineering, operations and sourcing teams to execute customer quotes and orders.
• Cross-divisional collaboration to complete turnkey service, parts and repair proposals.
• Participate in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing customers.
• Monitor and analyze market and competitive data to establish market level pricing.
• Assist with development and deployment of overall pricing strategy.
• Participate in rotating on-call schedule for afterhours and weekend support of customer emergencies.
• Business Travel Required (25%)
Education: BS degree in engineering or related technical field.
Relevant Experience: 3-5 years of experience in power generation or industrial industry involving turbine product service or parts. Experience may be related to turbine component sales, field service, manufacturing or design. 7-10 years of commercial experience including developing customer relationships, negotiating contracts, and customer service.
Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication (English), Spanish fluency is desirable. Strong mathematical and analytical skills. Ability to read and interpret manufacturing drawings. Strategic negotiating skills. Fully capable to utilize MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Infor CRM, Epicor ERP, and ProCAD PLM software.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.