Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis, MO
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world-class supplier of power generation services, parts, and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer. The Engineer will work with Engineering Support Manager and Generator specialists to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using Autodesk Inventor, and the scope of the job will span all elements of gathering data, procurement of equipment and materials, project monitoring, and control. Work will also include updating the management of documentation for existing systems.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts, or mark‐ups provided by Generator Specialist and Engineering support manager. Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required.
- Work under the direction of the Engineering support Manager to design complex drawings, such as construction documents, routine design layouts, and detailed drawings.
- Prepare complex drawings.
- Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
- Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs, from drawings or sketches.
- Support preparation of requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors, as directed.
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing relevant technical publications.
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day-to-day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non‐drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands‐on work in the shop as appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- Adhere to MD&A practices, policies, and procedures for document revision control
- 2 to 5 years of Autodesk Inventor experience
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor (2015 or newer version)
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practices
- Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate software preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self‐starter that demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to take direction and act independently.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.