Mechanical Engineer – Entry Level
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer – Entry Level
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis, MO
Learn and grow with Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world-class supplier of power generation services, parts, and repairs, in an immediate entry-level opening for an individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and has an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an Entry Level Mechanical Engineer. The Engineer will work with the Engineering team and with Generator specialists to learn to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects using Autodesk Inventor. The scope of the job will span learning all elements of the gathering of data, procurement of equipment and materials, project monitoring and control, as well as updating documentation for existing systems.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Grow your expertise in preparing design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts, or mark‐ups provided by Generator Specialist and Engineering support manager. Practice drawing and plotting drawings to scale, as required.
- Work under the direction of the Engineering team to design complex drawings, such as construction documents, routine design layouts, and detailed drawings.
- Prepare complex drawings.
- Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
- Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs, from drawings or sketches.
- Support preparation of requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors, as directed.
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe.
- Attend educational workshops and review relevant technical publications.
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day-to-day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non‐drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands‐on work in the shop as appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- Adhere to MD&A practices, policies, and procedures for document revision control
- Autodesk Inventor experience (2015 or newer version)
- Professional or educational experience in mechanical design fundamentals and practices
- Some knowledge of Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate software is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self‐starter that demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to take direction and act independently.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.