Lead Parts Engineer – Power Generation Components
Job Title: Lead Parts Engineer – Power Generation Components
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis, LLC. (MD&A), a world class supplier of power generation repairs, services, and parts, is seeking a qualified engineer in the Power Generation and Industrial markets. The MD&A Parts division has an immediate opening for a lead engineer located within the MD&A Repairs facility in St. Louis Missouri. MD&A offers an excellent full range benefits package, including relocation assistance for this role.
The person in this role will be responsible for performing reverse engineering (RE), engineering design and project management activities to improve the Parts division’s ability to support the MD&A Repairs division with Steam turbine and Gas turbine components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and project manager for all steam turbine and gas turbine parts needs for the MD&A Repairs division. Facilitate interdivisional communication regarding parts requirements; technical and logistical.
- Proactively complete pre-outage planning, by working with customers to identify bills of material, parts lists, and the spare part inventory they have on hand, to support repair shop cycle reduction.
- Perform reverse engineering of parts within the St. Louis Repair facility on an emergent basis. Utilize and become fluent in all reverse engineering equipment (i.e. CMM arm, Blue light scanner, and precision hand tools) and software (i.e.3D CAD) for data acquisition and the creation of manufacturing models and drawings. Proactively identify critical projects, such as high volume or complex technology, and engage additional support from the MD&A Parts engineering team.
- Coordinate replacement part quoting with the MD&A Parts sales team. Work with repairs project engineers to clearly define part numbers, required quantity and lead times for new replacement parts.
- Perform incoming inspection of spare parts supplied by customer. Reconcile any differences between what is received and what is needed to support reassembly.
- Conduct incoming part quality inspections for sourced parts delivered directly to the St. Louis Repairs Facility. Work with the MD&A Parts sourcing quality engineer to resolve any non-conformances.
- Supervise MD&A Parts capital inventory stored at the St. Louis Repair Facility, including cycle counts and allocation.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends, as required.
- Travel up to 20% to MD&A Parts headquarters in Clifton Park, NY and to power plant sites domestically and internationally, as needed.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree – Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent)
Relevant Experience: 10 years of design, manufacturing, or project management experience in power generation or industrial industry, involving turbine product service and parts.
Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication (English), Deep technical knowledge with proven project management experience.
Knowledge: Process knowledge in Power Industry; detailed knowledge & proficiency in Quality Systems, Engineering Design, Reverse Engineering and Drafting Practices; CAD capability desirable. Experience in the following software programs a plus
- CAD -Autodesk Inventor and Siemens NX
- Ployworks, Geomagic Design X and GOM
Works effectively without supervision – self-starter with outgoing personality. Effectively collaborates in a cross functional team environment. Accomplishes multiple priorities; Customer Service orientation; Identifies, analyzes, & solves engineering problems quickly with practical solutions.
Physical Demands: Exposure to industrial power plant, repair shop and office environments; Ability to travel to MD&A Parts NY headquarters and to field locations both domestically and internationally as needed.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer