GTR General Manager
Job Title: Gas Turbine Rotor “GTR” General Manager
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced GTR General Manager to provide leadership and management for the Gas Turbine Rotor Repair (GTR) division operations, full responsibility for Division P&L.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and Lead the on-going operations of the GTR Division: Assuring the people, property, equipment, supply chain, and processes are planned for, and put in place to optimize our capability to support the GT Rotor market and our Customer’s requirements;
- Provide status updates, metrics, and reports to upper management, as required;
- Set targets and track business metrics such as Safety, Quality, Sales, Profit, On-time Delivery, and productivity (utilization) and implement actions as needed for improvement.
- Provide or ensure training for personnel as required to perform their work;
- Interview and select new team members for direct and salary positions, professionally deal with any personnel issues and concerns, including terminations and succession planning, as necessary;
- Prepare and approve Proposals, working with Sales and other management on pricing strategy, etc.
- Coordinate project needs with other St. Louis Repair Divisions as required (machining, balancing, etc.)
- Coordinate with MD&A Sales, Engineering, and other Division Managers in support of:
– Market and customer needs, new product, mods, upgrades, or program offerings;
– Operational and Safety Improvements.
- Continuously work on process optimization and removing non-value-added work through the Division;
- Support the quality system and compliance efforts;
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit;
- Communicate effectively with subordinates and management at all levels;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties;
- Always maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or at least 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct GE rotor experience required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts for business planning and metrics tracking.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and data, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of database software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software; e-mail; presentations; flow charts, etc.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.