Global Logistics Manager
Job Title: Global Logistics Manager
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced Global Logistics Manager responsible for developing and managing controlled processes and procedures for the movement of MD&A employees, tools, machinery, and parts to & from global customer and Mitsubishi-Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS) International Diamond Service Network (IDSN) Locations. In addition, the role will act as MD&A primary lead, first point of contact for export control and compliance for Global Business Development.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Working closely with each of the operating divisions and region Business Development Directors to develop, implement, and execute processes and procedures to effectively move resources (human and machinery/equipment, tooling and parts);
- Arranging air/ocean/road import shipments to include customs clearance commercial invoicing and packing list requirements;
- Communicating with freight forwarders to obtain rate quotes and track/ trace air/ocean/road freight shipments;
- Notifying MD&A division teams of local government holds;
- Tracking products, tools, and machinery exported into third party warehouses;
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of logistics;
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Tracking and trace for all people, tools, etc. (“loads”) in transit & returned;
- Ensuring product/equipment/tool/people delivery dates are met;
- Reporting and communicating in transit issues that effect On Time Delivery;
- Export Authorizations Management: Draft and manage export authorizations (ITAR agreements, licenses, and exemptions; EAR licenses and exceptions), ensure timely submission and monitor status through the application, activation and management processes;
- Work closely with business unit customers and stakeholders to ensure that, for each application, all required information is obtained and applications are complete and accurate;
- Implement required standard work, coordinate export requirements with program and export management, ensure compliance with company policies and U.S. import and export regulations in relation to hardware, technical data, and defense services;
- Collaborate with operating divisions to develop robust working relationships;
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders in various countries and time zones;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with outside partners, such as freight forwarders and brokers, to complete multiple facets of the role.
- 7 – 10+ years international logistics experience related to the movement of field services resources, manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Engineering, or related field;
- Experience with the application and management of export authorizations;
- Familiarity with Inco terms, customs clearance documents, general export/import shipping practices and other international export/import logistics information;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications;
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish Preferred)
- Professional maturity to work with minimal supervision and thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment while balancing numerous priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal);
- Strong organizational competencies;
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.