General Manager – IGT Sales & Services
Job Title: General Manager – IGT Sales & Services
Job Location: San Antonio or Houston, TX
Role and Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a General Manager – IGT Sales/ Services (Industrial Gas Turbines) to provide guidance to our Regional Sales Managers and facilitate growth opportunities with existing and new customer segments. The position is responsible for understanding the IGT Market, creating outage forecasts, and driving sales and orders for the IGT business unit. The candidate must have prior experience in IGT Sales.
Reporting to the Vice President, IGT Parts and Repairs, the GM-IGT Sales & Services will be the primary contact between the MD&A’s GT shops, sales managers, and customers. He/she will handle all aspects of field sales activities in pursuit of new business. Primary activities include, but are not limited to, building and maintaining market-leading customer relationships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities, and managing and reporting on opportunity pipeline, commercial operations, and engineering as well as monitoring overall market activities of customers and competitors to identify long term trends and competitive landscape.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops industry-leading customer relationships & partners with Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to close orders.
- Proactively pursues new customer segments in support of existing gas turbine product lines.
- Ensures organization is aware of all potential client investment and upgrade plans and competitors’ strategies.
- Cooperates and coordinates activities with other region sales directors and P&L leaders to effectively sell parts and services across the MD&A enterprise.
Planning and Reporting
- Develops and executes a specific territory outage-driven sales plan, continuously updating and modifying it as the market dictates, and provides regular progress reports to management and adjacent functions on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly rhythm.
- Ensures accurate and current data for territory activities are represented within the CRM system.
- Leads all sales and marketing efforts with the RSM for the IGT business unit.
- Forge relationships with key decision-makers.
- Maintains and expands customer base and identifies new clients and opportunities by researching the market and attending industry events.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
Successful individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Engineering from a four-year college or university or commensurate experience of ten (10) years related experience with at least 3-5 years in a sales or commercial role.
- Related IGT Industry Experience: Demonstrated success in sales of IGT parts, repairs, and services.
- Experience with OEM (other OEM) gas turbine businesses is highly valued.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English with the ability to communicate effectively at executive levels.
- Other Related Skills: Must be self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed and proven ability to drive sales and generate new business within a large, complex, and multinational business environment.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.