Gas Turbine Thermal Performance Engineer
Job Title: Gas Turbine Thermal Performance Engineer
Job Location: Latham NY or Remote
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world class supplier of power generation repairs and services is seeking a motivated Gas Turbine Thermal Performance Engineer. We have an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Outage Services Division is seeking an experienced Gas Turbine Thermal Performance Engineer to assist our Engineering team as well as work with our Field Engineers to trouble shoot thermal performance issues during rebuilds and servicing of industrial frame gas turbines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deep understanding of internal gas turbine flow and performance modeling for compressor, turbine, and combustion sections, preferably for domestic frame 7 turbines.
- Understanding of utilizing engineering software to build full GT frame models along with sub systems to determine performance impacts for MD&A hardware change outs and upgrades for steady state and transient conditions.
- Comprehension of GT cycle deck development, internal flow, and secondary flow modeling. Working knowledge of NPSS, AFT Arrow, CFX/CFD and other related design/performance software required.
- Work with MD&A performance engineering to evaluate and analyze GT and Combined cycle test data.
- Lead GT component specific performance related Root Cause Analysis investigation, making sound recommendations for component related troubleshooting.
Education: BSME or MEngrME with emphasis in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics; on track for becoming, or already a licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
Relevant Experience: 10+ years of gas turbine design engineering, thermal modeling experience required with one of the major industrial gas Turbine OEM’s. Cycle deck creation, aero/thermal modeling experience of compressor, combustion, and turbine sections. Cycle Deck development, Primary and Secondary flow analysis, heat balance analysis.
Skills: Fluids and Thermodynamic analytical skills, technical writing, Microsoft Office, public speaking/presentations, ability to travel up to 20%, people skills including effective communication.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.