Field Service Engineer
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world-class supplier of power generation services, parts, and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Outage Services Division is seeking an experienced Field Engineer. The candidate would be responsible for meeting the maintenance and repair needs of customers’ equipment. Establishing and maintaining proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties when required. This position requires extensive travel within the US and short-term international travel.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshooting, installation, maintenance, and repair on designated equipment;
- Completing preventative maintenance and field modifications;
- Lead engineer overseeing the entire scope of the project, including project management, site safety, oversight of labor and job financials;
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs, internal service records, and final reports in a timely manner;
- Maintenance & knowledge of proper use of tooling;
- Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up;
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated;
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements;
- Working as a member of the team to provide efficient service delivery to all customers;
- Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include, but not limited to, OSHA 10/30 requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering);
- Five years of work experience in the Power Generation industry;
- Experience diagnosing and repairing Steam/Gas turbine and generator equipment;
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong time management skills;
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills;
- Attention to detail.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.