Job Title: Field Machinist
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world-class supplier of power generation services, parts, and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced Manual Machinist to travel to perform maintenance repairs using use power-operated machine tools, repair and/or fabricate precision metal parts/components that are found in various pieces of power generation equipment to specific tolerance levels. In this position, you must be able to work in both the St. Louis shop and in the field. This position requires significant travel.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Determine work procedures, machine tools, equipment and attachments to be used for assigned work;
- Use of precision measuring instruments and equipment such as Vernier calipers, height gauges, inside, outside, and depth micrometers, parallels, gage blocks, dial indicators, surface gages to attain accurate dimensions and maintain tolerances
- Set up/operate machines, including but not limited to, lathes, mills, drills, grinders, saws, boring equipment, etc.
- Extensive travel during peak seasons (Spring/Fall).
- Willingness to travel to perform the role at customer sites
- High School Diploma/GED/Apprenticeship classes or trade school;
- Minimum 3 years experience;
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50%, including internationally;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Power Generation Services;
- Strong work ethic;
- Proficient in set-up and operation of milling machines (Bridgeport type), engine lathes, vertical turning lathes (VTL), horizontal boring mill (HBM), boring bars from 2.25” to 8” OD, surface grinders, blanchard grinders, portable lathes, and stud removal hydraulic drills.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.