Engineering Co-op: Quality – Outage Services
- The purpose of this position is to support the Quality Systems and improvement priorities of the Outage Services Division.
- Quality Improvement: Under the direction of the Quality Engineer, assist in coordinating the Nonconformance & Corrective Action Processes. Assist in collecting, maintaining & analyzing Cost of Quality data to help drive continuous improvement & resolve Quality problems. Assist in the development of Quality Alerts for communication to field personnel.
- Document Development & Control: Under the direction of the Quality Engineer, assist in preparing, developing, & maintaining needed instructions/procedures & datasheets.
- Supplier Management: Under the direction of the Quality Engineer, assist in monitoring Supplier Quality performance and the qualification of new Suppliers.
- ISO 9001 Compliance: Under the direction of the Quality Engineer, assist in maintaining Outage Services ISO 9001 Quality Certification by assuring compliance with all applicable ISO 9001 requirements.
- Gauge/Instrument Calibration – Under the direction of the Quality Engineer, assist in assuring consistent tracking & calibration of Outage Services gauges, standards, & test equipment.
- Establish & develop effective communication lines with Outage Services and MD&A personnel, supervisors/managers, and customers where applicable.
Competencies & Skills required:
- Education: High school diploma (or equivalent) required. Engineering College student in good standing with an accredited university, participating in an established Co-op Program.
- Experience: No industry experience is required – training will be provided.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of basic engineering principles. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access.
- Analytical & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to effectively perform and contribute in a team environment while performing multiple tasks. Effective written & verbal communication skills. Good organizational skills.
- Physical Demands: Exposure to office and industrial environments.