Contracts/ Proposals Intern
Title: Contracts/ Proposals Intern
Location: Latham, NY
Mechanical Dynamics & Analysis (MD&A) headquartered in Latham, NY is a $250 Million Dollar business that provides power generation companies around the globe with a full-service OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) alternative for services, parts, and repairs. For 40 years, the company’s commitment to excellence has earned customer trust for all turbine-generator needs. Refer to our website for more information https://www.mdaturbines.com
MD&A is looking for a highly motivated summer intern to assist our corporate commercial operations team in Latham, NY with the day-to-day functions, as well as special projects needed to support all divisions within our business. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will complete the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of business administration. This internship is an opportunity starting in Summer 2022 which would preferably continue through the school year. The student will work between 30-35 hours per week during the summer months, continuing into the semester the internship would switch to 15-20 hours per week. This is an in-person internship experience. It is a paid internship at $20/hour.
Responsibilities include assisting the Corporate Commercial team with the following:
- Preparation of Multi-Division Proposals
- Customer Account Management and Associated Data Entry
- Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- Management of multiple online portals
- Assist in the documentation of internal controls
- Special projects as needed
- Help drive efficiency within the company through process improvement and automation
The student will acquire the following through this experience.
- Gain a basic understanding of internal business processes within a manufacturing and service organization
- Acquire inter-personal skills by dealing with various individuals across disciplines
- Apply critical thinking skills by identifying and analyzing issues within Commercial Operations
Our Company is looking for a student in the Albany area who is interested in Business Administration and entering their Junior, Senior, or Masters’s year. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.