Job Title: CNC Programmer
Job Location: St. Louis
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC a world class supplier of power generation services, parts and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced CNC Programmer to Generate program code using computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) software, runs simulation tests, conduct quality testing and correct/improve program code to increase efficiency, quality and safety. MD&A will offer the qualified individual a competitive base salary with significant opportunity for incentive compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Generates program code using computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) software, runs simulation tests, conducts quality testing and corrects/improves program code to increase efficiency, quality and safety;
- Determine reference points, machine cutting paths and compute angular and linear dimensions, radius and curvatures;
- Compare computer printouts with original part specifications and blueprints to verify accuracy of instructions;
- Revises programs to eliminate errors and re-tests programs to ensure problem resolution;
- Observes CNC machines on trial runs or conducts computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
- Experience with CAD and CAM software. Preferably Autodesk Inventor and Mastercam;
- Ability to read engineering prints, including the ability to understand GD&T;
- Develop work-holding fixtures;
- Must be able to select speeds, feeds, and tooling grades for exotic metals as well as steel and aluminum;
- Reading G-code is required;
- Analyze engineering instructions, drawings, blueprints, specifications and design data to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds and feed rates.
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.