Job Title: CMM Technician
Job Location: MD&A Repairs Division – St. Louis, MO
Mechanical Dynamics and Analysis LLC, a world-class supplier of power generation services, parts, and repairs, has an immediate opening for a qualified individual who has a desire to join a growing organization and an appetite for diverse and technically challenging work.
The Repairs Division is seeking an experienced CMM Technician. The CMM Technician will work with Engineering Support Manager and Generator specialists to gather technical and digital data with measuring equipment for reverse engineering generator components. The scope of the job will span all types of measuring devices such as but not limited to Articulating CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine), laser scanner, calipers, micrometers, and other close tolerance equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Setup articulating CMM to probe and scan large and small generator parts.
- Measure incoming generator parts with conventional micrometers to close tolerance specs.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing relevant technical publications.
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day-to-day project functions, as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non‐reverse engineering project activities such as component assembly and hands‐on work in the shop as appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- Adhere to MD&A practices, policies and procedures for document revision control.
- 2 to 5 years Machinist trade or parts inspection
- Proficiency in the use of micrometers, calibers, and any other measuring equipment.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practices
- InnovMetric polyWorks software (preferred but not required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Self‐starter that demonstrates initiative.
- Ability to take direction and act independently.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.