Job Title: Bucket/Blader III
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Sets-up, adjusts and operates shop and portable machine tools to repair turbine rotating steampath components. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Install and machine GE tangential entry and axial entry buckets/blades
- Install and machine Westinghouse T root buckets/blades
- Erosion shield and brazing techniques
- Install and machine GE finger dovetails
- Install and machine Westinghouse axial dovetails
- Install and machine all manufacture type blades
- Tie wire braze of buckets
- Tenon grinding
- Evaluating the bucket condition at job sign to establish the required repairs
- Explain and discuss needed repairs, schedules, man loading with customers
- Knowledge – Original manufacturing methods and standards; basic knowledge of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, punch press, etc.
- Familiar with NDE techniques such as dye penetrates and mag particle
- Knowledge and ability to use hand and power tools associated with grinding, deburring, and metal forming.
- Knowledge and ability to use common precision measuring instruments and hand tools such as tape measure, level, square, file or rasp, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow company repair procedures and directions.
- Customer Influence – Strong customer service experience in explaining and discussing needed repairs and being able to determine scheduling time frame.
- Leadership – Ability to lead other bucket bladers and supervise work being performed at the customer site.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machining vocational school training or experience in portable field machining equipment
- Experience running large lathes and Bridgeport mills
- CNC experience and programming skills
- Knowledge of arithmetic, basic geometry and their applications
- 5+ years of experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Good oral and written communications
- Willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
- Ability to lift 20 – 50 pounds
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and off hours
MD&A provides an excellent full range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.