Job Title: Bucket/Blader III
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Sets up, adjusts, and operates a shop and portable machine tools to repair turbine rotating steampath components. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Install and machine GE tangential entry and axial entry buckets/blades
- Install and machine Westinghouse T root buckets/blades
- Erosion shield and brazing techniques
- Install and machine GE finger dovetails
- Install and machine Westinghouse axial dovetails
- Install and machine all manufacture type blades
- Tie wire braze of buckets
- Tenon grinding
- Evaluating the bucket condition at job sign to establish the required repairs
- Explain and discuss needed repairs, schedules, man loading with customers
- Knowledge – Original manufacturing methods and standards; basic knowledge of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, punch press, etc.
- Familiar with NDE techniques such as dye penetrates and mag particle
- Knowledge and ability to use hand and power tools associated with grinding, deburring, and metal forming.
- Knowledge and ability to use common precision measuring instruments and hand tools such as tape measure, level, square, file or rasp, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow company repair procedures and directions.
- Customer Influence – Strong customer service experience in explaining and discussing needed repairs and being able to determine the scheduling time frames.
- Leadership – Ability to lead other bucket bladers and supervise work being performed at the customer site.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machining vocational school training or experience in portable field machining equipment
- Experience running large lathes and Bridgeport mills
- CNC experience and programming skills
- Knowledge of arithmetic, basic geometry, and their applications
- 5+ years of experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Good oral and written communications
- Willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
- Ability to lift 20 – 50 pounds
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and off-hours
MD&A provides an excellent full-range benefits package. Send resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com. MD&A is an equal opportunity employer.