Accounts Receivable (A/R) Accounting Analyst
Title: Accounts Receivable (A/R) Accounting Analyst
Location: Latham, NY (MD&A Corporate Office)
The A/R Accounting Analyst is part of our Finance department and is responsible for building relationships with our customers and internal divisions to ensure timely receipt of owed customer invoices. This includes applying cash receipts in ERP, cash flow forecasting and reporting, as well as, accounts receivable invoicing.
• Collections: Work with various divisions’ operating and finance managers on job issues, PO issues, etc. and contact / build relationships with customers to discuss outstanding invoices to improve cash flow.
• Cash Receipts: Apply and balance daily cash receipts (wires, ACH, credit cards, checks) in Epicor (ERP system).
• Forecasting: Prepare detailed weekly forecast of the expected quarterly cash receipts.
• Manage AR Aging: Prepare AR invoice adjustments for short payments, such as discounts, bank fees, and tax withholdings. Research unapplied cash / credit memos and apply cash to customer invoices or prepare refund requests, as necessary.
• Billing Coordination: Send out divisional invoices to customers via email, customer portals (Ariba, Taulia, etc.), US Mail, etc.
• Prepare and maintain financial reporting: past due reports, cash receipt reports, summarized AR aging report etc.
• Credit Management: Use Dun & Bradstreet credit reports to research, evaluate and make determinations on customers’ ability to pay. In addition, maintain customer credit terms in Epicor.
• Tax Certificates: Maintain customer’s sales tax exempt / direct pay certificates in Avalara tax software.
• All other duties as assigned, including department cross training.
• HS/GED or equivalent
• 3+ years related Credit & Collections experience, or related finance / accounting experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge, specifically pivot tables, vlookups, filters, maintaining and manipulating large amounts of data.
• Highly organized, internally motivated and able to manage large amounts of data and information
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and professional interactive skills are necessary to perform at a high degree of proficiency
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, management and inter-department staff, proactively and constructively
• Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple tasks/deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Associates or Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
• Knowledge of ERP systems (i.e. Epicor, SAP), tax systems (Avalara) and credit reporting systems (i.e. Dun & Bradstreet, Experian)